Who We Are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website. If you do not want your visits to our website to be monitored in this way you can opt-out by clicking here.
- Your IP address (this is your computers individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What We Do With Your Information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
- to process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions);
- You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request email@example.com. Please ensure you type “update” in the subject line of your email.
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “No Marketing” in the subject line and then the following in the main text:-
your postal address, including postcode, your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.